5 Things You Need To Know About SOUND OF MY VOICEOctober 17, 2012
SOUND OF MY VOICE follows couple Peter (Christopher Denham) and Lorna (Nicole Vicius) as they take their passion for documentary filmmaking to the next level by personally infiltrating a mysterious cult. The cult’s wildly charismatic leader Maggie (Brit Marling) has convinced her followers that she is a visitor from the future and that they have been chosen to survive, but only if they chose to follow her.
Bent on exposing Maggie, Peter and Lorna will do anything to prove that she is a fraud. However Maggie is as manipulative as she is beautiful, and they are drawn to her despite themselves. SOUND OF MY VOICE is a thought-provoking thriller that pulls the audience into Peter and Lorna’s journey of discovering what exactly is real and what is insanity.
5 Things You Need To Know About SOUND OF MY VOICE
1. SOUND OF MY VOICE premiered in 2011 at the Sundance Film Festival.
Christopher Denham Nicole Vicius / SOUND OF MY VOICE (Fox Searchlight)
2. Subsequently the film won the Golden Octopus award for the best international fantastic film at the Strasbourg European Fantastic Film Festival in September 2012.
3. Brit Marling, who plays Maggie, was involved with ANOTHER EARTH, which also premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2011. She co-wrote and stars in both films, and while making them split her time by working on one in the mornings and the other in the afternoons.
4. The films director Zal Batmanglij was born in France and grew up in Washington D.C. He attended Georgetown University, where he was studying anthropology, when he met Brit Marling. While at Georgetown the two made three shorts together which all won the school’s highest prize for filmmaking.
Christopher Denham and Brit Marling SOUND OF MY VOICE (Fox Searchlight)
5. Brit Marling stated that she and Zal Batmanglij discovered, while they were at Georgetown, that they shared a similar interest in films that were lyrical, beautiful, substantive, complicated, and dark. However, they also shared a common interest in big blockbuster films, and used SOUND OF MY VOICE as an exploration of merging these two things together.
Kate Asche Wilson is a new contributing writer to On Demand Weekly. She is a graduate from the Dodge College of Film and Media Arts at Chapman University where she received a BA in Screenwriting. In her spare time Kate likes to take long walks on the beach, and watch telenovelas. Follow her on Twitter @KATEDOESLIFE
Look for SOUND OF MY VOICE (Fox Searchlight) in your movies on demand section.
Previous Work From Kate You May Like...
Turk & Kate Asche Wilson debate "True Blood"
JUAN OF THE DEAD - TRY IT
Orlando Bloom's THE GOOD DOCTOR - RISK IT
Tom Hanks' ELECTRIC CITY - DEMAND IT
BURNING LOVE: Episode 14 - DEMAND IT
ENGAGEMENT - TRY IT
A BUDDY STORY - DEMAND IT
TAKE THIS WALTZ - TRY IT