5 Things You Should Know About HAYWIREMay 15, 2012
HAYWIRE is now on demand.
MMA superstar Gina Carano Is Mallory Kane, a highly trained government operative who works in the dirtiest, most dangerous corners of the world. After successfully freeing a Chinese journalist who was being held hostage, she is double crossed and left for dead by someone close to her in her own agency. Instantly the target of skilled assassins who know her every move, Mallory must find the truth in order to stay alive. Using her black-ops military training, she devises an ingenious – and dangerous – trap. But when things go haywire, Mallory realizes she'll be killed in the blink of an eye unless she finds a way to turn the tables on her ruthless adversary.
Backed by an all-star cast of Golden Globe® nominees Ewan McGregor, Antonio Banderas, Bill Paxton and Michael Fassbender, Oscar® and Golden Globe® winner Michael Douglas and Channing Tatum.
Here are ODW's 5 Things You Should Know About HAYWIRE
1) Gina Carano began her career as an MMA fighter and was handpicked by director Steven Soderbergh to make this film after he saw one of her MMA fights on television.
2) Gina Carano trained for about two months prior to filming with Aaron Cohen, the film’s Special Ops Technical Advisor. Aaron is a counterterrorism consultant and former Israeli Special Forces operative.
3) Haywire’s fight choreographer J.J. Perry was also the fight choreographer on WARRIOR. Gina gave input and added in some of her MMA movies into the fight sequences.
4) The first fight that was shot for the film is the one between Gina Carano and Michael Fassbender. Michael was also Gina’s first on-screen kiss.
5) The film was shot on location in Dublin, Barcelona, and New Mexico.
Look for HAYWIRE on your cable provider's Movie On Demand section.
You May Also Like...