8 Things You Need To Know About Cinemax’s STRIKE BACKAugust 19, 2011
8 Things You Need To Know About Cinemax’s STRIKE BACK
By Britt Bensen
1. It is not Strike Force or part of the UFC.
2. One of its creators is Frank Spotnitz, a multiple Emmy–nominated writer and executive producer for the “X Files,” (as was Vince Gilligan, executive producer of AMC’s "Breaking Bad."). Spotnitz has written the first four episodes.
3. It is the continuation of the first season based on the British TV series “Strike Back” (channel Sky1) and is co-produced in association with British Sky Broadcasting Limited.
4. Is reminscent of “24” and will appeal to fans of movies on Cinemax, like the TRANSPORTER (which Cinemax is also turning into a TV series).
5. The show was shot on location in South Africa and Hungary (at $3 million per episode budget).
6. The Good Guys are a hand picked team called Section 20, an elite military black ops unit within the British government that focuses on high-risk, top-priority targets.
7. The Bad Guy is named Latief.
8, It airs Friday’s at 10pm on Cinemax and is available on (Cine)Max On Demand with some cool behind the scenes features.
Britt is the Editor-in-Chief and Co-founder of On Demand Weekly. He is the former head of Affiliate Marketing and VOD for Sundance Channel. Prior to Sundance Chanel, Britt worked for Miramax Films and BMI. He also on the Advisory Board of the Palo Alto Intl Film Festival.
Look for STRIKE BACK (MAX On Demand) availability on your local cable provider.
You May Also Like...:
THE BIG C - Showtime - DEMAND IT
WEEDS - Showtime - DEMAND IT
TRUE BLOOD - HBO - DEMAND IT
BOBBY FISCHER AGAINST THE WORLD - HBO - DEMAND IT
TOO BIG TOO FAIL - HBO - DEMAND IT