Fran Kranz’s Top 5 Things You Need To Know About MURDER OF A CATDecember 04, 2014
Clinton Moisey is an iconoclastic, artisan action-figure designer who still lives in his mom’s basement, and is, by the standards of the world, a full-blown loser. But Clinton doesn’t have time to care about what others think of him; he’s too busy running a yard sale where he promotes his hardboiled detective toy line with his pet cat and best friend, “Mouser.” When Clinton wakes up one morning to find Mouser impaled by a crossbow arrow, he is devastated.
J.k. Simmons, Fran Kranz, MURDER OF A CAT (Gravitas)
Realizing that the local Sheriff is only interested in flirting with his mom, Clinton sets off on his own to find out who killed Mouser and why. As Clinton delves deeper into the case, he uncoveres a town-wide conspiracy far greater than he ever imagined. The comedic MURDER OF A CAT is a modern-day film noir set in the mundane world of the suburbs.
Fran Kranz's Top 5 Things You Need To Know About MURDER OF A CAT
1. Much of the character of Clinton was based on Ignatius Reilly. Meaning, I plagiarized much of A Confederacy of Dunces.
2. The cat (played by Bogart) and I were not best friends in real life.
3. I ruined a lot of this movie by laughing. You can see me laugh in the film because there was no other footage left to use.
Fran Kranz, MURDER OF A CAT (Gravitas)
4. I wear a wig for the first half of the movie. That is not my real hair.
5. Doghouse Reilly was an original action figure made for the film. They should sell them. It’s probably my only chance to be an action figure.
- Fran Kranz
You May Also Like...