WATER & POWER, tells the story of two brothers nicknamed Water & Power by their hard-working father who was an irrigation field man for the famed Department of Water & Power of Los Angeles (LADWP). From the blue-collar housing projects of the city’s Eastside to the very corridors of power where deals are made in the City of Angels. WATER & POWER explores a cautionary tale with a Chicano twist. Told in the classic L.A. noir style, with a darkly humorous tone.
WATER (Enrique Murciano) is a rising political star and California state senator. POWER (Nicholas Gonzalez) is a top cop in the LAPD elite upper chain of command. Following an unexpected and unavoidable tragedy, the brothers find themselves in a seedy motel room on the eastern edge of Sunset Boulevard on a dark and rainy night. Can they survive the long night? Can there be Water without Power? Will they remember the tough love lessons taught to them by their hard-working father?
Emilio Rivera Top 5 Things You Need To Know About WATER & POWER
1. We shot WATER & POWER in 12 Nights, 8 to 12 pages a Night.
2. Not a lot money but a lot of love went into this film.
3. I was In the play of WATER & POWER as the hitman who worked for the fixer at the taper , workshopped in Sundance with Richard Montoya playing the role of Norte / Sur and got to play the role of N/S for the film. It was a great ride from the beginning to end.
4. WATER & POWER is a love story about two brothers played by Nicholas Gonzalez and Enrique Marciano and the sacrafice they make for each other.
5. WATER & POWER is a poetic, beautifully written piece by the great Mr. Richard Montoya, and it was my extreme pleasure to have shared the stage with Herbert Siguenza, and Ric Salinas all together as Culture Clash. Playing a character in the play was something on my bucket list.
- Emilio Rivera
You May Also Like...